Try this delicious winter warming recipe provided by CNM Naturopathic Nutrition student, Dulce Lopes.
Yield: 2 servings
2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 green onion- chopped
1 tbsp. fresh ginger- grated or finely chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1 red or yellow pepper- chopped
1 medium broccoli- chopped
1 cup fresh spinach
½ cup fresh coriander- chopped
- Melt coconut oil in a deep pan over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion, ginger and curry powder until the onions are soft (3-5 mins) stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, salt, and sweetener then stir well.
- Add the pepper, broccoli and spinach. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat. Top with fresh coriander and let stand 3 minutes before serving.